Colorado Springs Child Abuse Lawyer
Child abuse charges can be as damaging as they may be stressful and shameful, particularly when these charges threaten a person’s freedom, family and future. In fact, the stigma associated with child abuse charges can do a lot of harm and can stick with a person if the accused individual doesn’t have a strong criminal defense
to favorably resolve these cases.
Despite the serious challenges associated with child abuse charges, it’s crucial that accused people know that they have rights and that they will have the best chances of favorably resolving these cases by trusting their defense to the experienced Colorado Springs child abuse defense lawyers at Shimon Kohn, P.C. Since 2003, we have been working diligently to uphold the ideal that the accused are innocent until proven guilty, and our clients can always count on us to provide them with the strongest possible defense against child abuse charges.
When Child Abuse Charges May Be Filed…
When facing child abuse charges, you can trust the Colorado Springs child abuse defense lawyers at Shimon Kohn, P.C. to provide you with the strongest possible defense.
Under Colorado law, child abuse charges may be filed against a person when (s)he is accused of:
- Physically abusing a child, which may be alleged when a child has certain types of physical injuries
- Emotionally abusing a child, which can be alleged when a child displays certain psychological impairments or issues
- Neglecting a child’s basic needs, which can include allegations that a person has failed to provide a child with sufficient food, shelter, clothing, etc.
- Neglecting a child’s education needs, which can involve allegations of failing to ensure that a child is attending school or receiving some type of educational instruction
- Neglecting a child’s medical needs, which can include accusations that a child’s caretaker has not tried to get the child medical treatment essential to the child’s health.
The severity of child abuse charges filed when any of the above-described (or other instances) is alleged to have occurred will depend on the various factors, only some of which include:
- The alleged degree of injury to the child
- How long the alleged abuse has occurred
- Whether additional offenses (such as, for instance, sexual assault) allegedly occurred in the course of the child abuse
- Whether the accused individual has a criminal record.
Challenges associated with child abuse charges.
In the most serious cases – such as when child is alleged to have died due to criminal negligence or abuse, a person could face Class 2 or Class 1 felony charges.
Colorado Springs Child Abuse Defense Lawyers at Shimon Kohn, P.C.
Have you or a loved one been charged with child abuse? If so, the Colorado Springs child abuse defense attorneys at Shimon Kohn, P.C. are ready to fiercely defend your rights and help you bring your case to a successful resolution. At Shimon Kohn, P.C., we believe that our clients deserve exceptional service, ethical treatment and aggressive representation. That’s why we are here to help you navigate the complexities of an intricate criminal justice system, minimize the negative impacts on you and your family, and ultimately help you protect your freedom and future.
As a former Deputy District Attorney, Shimon Kohn understands how prosecutors build their cases, and he knows how to dispute their allegations while figuring out the best potential legal remedies to vigorously defend you.
When you want to trust that you will obtain the best possible outcome to your case, don’t hesitate to contact the Colorado Springs child abuse defense lawyers at Shimon Kohn, P.C.
Contact Us to Get Your Defense Started Today
To learn more about how we can help you, set up a free initial consultation with us by calling us at (719) 328-9555 or by emailing us using the contact form at the top of this page.
From our offices in Colorado Springs, we represent clients throughout the Pikes Peak region and Colorado.