More Important Info You Need to Know about Public Defenders…
2. Public defenders are usually juggling A LOT of cases at once.
This fact about public defenders may be less of a surprise to some people, but it’s no less important to consider when it comes time to choose the best defense attorney to represent you. The fact of the matter is that, at any given time, public defenders are usually representing tens to hundreds of clients simultaneously.
What this can end up meaning for you and your defense case is that public defenders:
- Will only be able to spend a very limited amount of time on your case
- Will likely be far less familiar with the ins and outs of your case (which may actually be apparent and hurt your case in court)
- May be less committed to seeing your case through to the best possible resolution (and more interested in simply closing your case so they can move onto another case).
3. Public defenders tend to lack commitment to any one client or case.
With so many clients to oversee, public defenders will have little time to devote to any single client and, therefore, will be far less committed to any given client in particular. This should be very disconcerting news to people accused of crimes, as it can ultimately end up meaning that public defenders:
- May not end up being able to meet with them more than once (or maybe even at all) prior to their first appearance in court
- May encourage people to accept plea deals when this may not be the best move or when people want to have their day in court
- May not explore all available options for bringing a case to the best possible resolution.
For some final thoughts on public defenders and how they can impact the strength of your defense case, be sure to check out the upcoming conclusion to this blog series.
Colorado Springs Criminal Defense Lawyers at Kohn Law Firm
Have you or a loved one been charged with a misdemeanor or felony offense? If so, the Colorado Springs criminal defense attorneys at Kohn Law Firm are ready to aggressively defend your rights and help you bring your case to a successful resolution.
As a former Deputy District Attorney, Shimon Kohn understands how prosecutors build their cases, and he knows how to dispute their allegations while figuring out the best potential legal remedies to vigorously defend you.
When you want to trust that you will obtain the best possible outcome to your case, don’t hesitate to contact the Colorado Springs criminal defense lawyers at Kohn Law Firm
To learn more about how we can help you, set up a free initial consultation with us by calling us at (719) 328-9555 or by emailing us using the contact form at the top of this page.
From our offices in Colorado Springs, we represent clients throughout the Pikes Peak region and Colorado.
NEED LEGAL HELP?
Contact Shimon Kohn Now!