Although all Colorado authorities are focused on arresting drivers suspected of impairment, these efforts are generating far more arrests in some regions of the state. In fact, an analysis of Judicial County data from 2014 has revealed that the following counties are the top 10 with the most drunk driving arrests for last year:
Arapahoe County – 3,139 DUI arrests
- Adams County – 2,854 DUI arrests
- Denver County – 2,371 DUI arrests
- El Paso County – 2,371 DUI arrests
- Jefferson County – 1,931 DUI arrests
- Larimer County – 1,762 DUI arrests
- Boulder County – 1,250 DUI arrests
- Weld County – 1,205 DUI arrests
- Douglas County – 797 DUI arrests
- Mesa County – 775 DUI arrests
Here, it should also be noted that:
- These arrests include those that may have been for drugged driving, as Colorado does not currently have separate drugged driving charges to distinguish these offenses from drunk driving.
- These arrest rates have yet to be correlated with conviction, acquittal and dismissal rates per county, which could shed some light on the probability of a DUI arrest ending in conviction, based on the county in which the arrest occurred.
More Interesting Colorado DUI Statistics
- Annually, about 30,000 motorists are arrested for drunk driving in Colorado.
- About 1 in every 3 of these DUI arrests involves a driver who has one prior DUI conviction.
- About 1 in every 6 of these DUI arrests involves a motorist who has at least two prior DUI convictions.
- About 1 in every 12 DUI arrests made by the Colorado State Patrol (CSP) last year involved alleged marijuana impairment.
- A recent study ranked Colorado 17th in terms of having the toughest DUI laws in the U.S.
Contact a Colorado Springs DUI Lawyer at Kohn Law Firm
Have you or a loved one been charged with drunk driving in Colorado? If so, a Colorado Springs DUI lawyer at Kohn Law Firm is ready to aggressively defend your rights and help you bring your case to a successful resolution.
At Kohn Law Firm, we believe that our clients deserve exceptional service, ethical treatment and aggressive representation. That’s why we are here to help you navigate the criminal justice system, minimize the negative impacts on you and your family, and ultimately help you protect your freedom and future.
To learn more about how we can help you, set up a free initial consultation with us by calling us at (719) 328-9555 or by emailing us using the contact form at the top of this page. From our offices in Colorado Springs, we represent clients throughout the Pikes Peak region and Colorado.